Supported customers can file issues through the access details provided and we will follow up.
Public bug tracker
Bugs can be reported via GitHub.
When filing bugs, please include details on:
- PowerDNS version you are using
- What backends you use (gMySQL, BIND etc)
- If you are using DNSSEC
- Operating system it is running on
- Where you got the binary from, ie did you compile it yourself (which compiler, including version), from your distribution or ports tree etc
- What is going wrong
- What you did, or somebody else did, that causes things to go wrong
- What you expect to happen (many problems are in fact wrong expectations, and not bugs)
- ANYTHING else that might be relevant, like load balancers, strange hardware, firewall rules etc etc
NOTE: Bugs filed on GitHub are public!
Alternatively, if you are unsure if your issue is a bug, please join the mailing lists and explain your problem.
Security relevant issues
To report security relevant issues, please refer to our security policy and specifically do NOT report your security issue on GitHub (thanks)!