The PowerDNS manual is available on doc.powerdns.com and is split between the Authoritative Server and the Recursor.
Here are some relevant chapters:
- Release notes: Authoritative Server, Recursor
- PowerDNS security policy, Authoritative Server advisories, Recursor advisories
- Migrating to the PowerDNS Authoritative Server
- PowerDNS Authoritative Server (database) backends
- How to deploy DNSSEC
- US Export control status (ECCN)
- The PowerDNS Recursor
- Frequently asked questions
More information, including papers and presentations, can be found on our resources page.